Food - More News
- Recyclable bioplastic made of seafood 22 June 2020
- Plant-based pizza 15 June 2020
- Dining apart together! 9 June 2020
- Using Side Streams 19 November 2019
- Gamechangers the movie 30 September 2019
- Plant-based Fast Food Trend 12 September 2019
- World Vegetarian Day 1 October 2018
- NATIONAL WEEK WITHOUT MEAT 1 March 2018
Recyclable bioplastic made of seafood
Did you ever hear of plastics made of crustaceans? Four designers have developed a series of machines that turn seafood waste into a biodegradable and recyclable bioplastic.
The project, called Shellworks the designers transform the shells of crustaceans into a paper-like material that could act as a sustainable alternative to single-use plastics.
The material consists of a mixture of vinegar and a biopolymer called chitin.
To see how it works watch this incredible video on their website.