EXTER COMPANY PROFILE
Exter is a leading global supplier of specialty (added-value) savoury taste ingredients to major global food manufactureres. Our ingredients are known for over 70 years for quality, cost effectiveness and innovation, providing customers with a broad array of customized solutions to enhance consumer differentiation. The company has experienced tremendous growth since their divesture and MBO (Management Buy Out) several years ago from a leading publically traded, best in class, value added ingredient supplier. The business is niche oriented and is well positioned for strategic growth, building on its existing customer base and demand for their products and services. Exter has a worldwide network of distributors and dedicated sales forces to support their long term growth objectives.
We are famous throughout the world for the traditional method we use to prepare savoury taste ingredients: slow reduction and then roasting in the oven. Slow cooking, where we take the time to let the ingredients do their job. Home cooking but on a professional scale, serving the food industry. Enjoying the genuine taste of traditional cuisines. That is what Exter represents: pure flavours from authentic cuisines, using ingredients that come straight from the land and the farm. Fuss free. Prepared with passion and love - just like grandma used to, but now on an industrial scale.
We are focused around our customers and have 6 regional sales offices. Those sales offices are closely linked to our Technical Application Centers in Zaandam and Bangkok and we are opening up a Technical Application Centre in Shanghai. The TAC groups are closely linked with the research organization/center in Zaandam – the Netherlands. Our production sites to serve our customers are in Zaandam- Netherlands and in Bangkok – Thailand.
In this challenging position as QA Manager, we are looking for a pro-active and strong person that effectively can meet goals and objectives. The role involves defining, implementing, communicating, training and continuously improving sustainable cost effective Quality Systems and behaviours for all personnel involved in quality and GMP activities. Furthermore you will need to be able to establish good relationships with relevant authorities and initiate and lead projects as they come up. Of the QA Manager ownership and initiative is widely expected. Your active attitude improves processes and procedures and for an accurate solution at ad-hoc problems. You like short, informal lines both with the Department heads as with your Manager. You support your colleagues with your knowledge and experience and reports directly to the Continues Improvement Manager. Your enthusiasm is contagious!
Goals and objectives
The QA Manager plays an important pivotal role within the organization. You are responsible for the quality management systems. You are the point of contact in terms of quality for both customers and all certification bodies such as ISO, BRC, Halal, Kosher and GMP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Further development and maintenance of the existing Quality Management System
- • Coordinate and/or write appropriate procedures and maintain the Quality Management System document control.
- • Deploy processes and procedures within the organization
- • Coordinate and perform internal audits
- • Contribute to the continuous improvement of the organization
• Control Product Quality
- • Ensure that all shipments to customers meet customer expectations and product specifications.
- • Handle Quality issues and complaints, and actively support product surveillance.
• Support Sales
- • Support the Sales department with answering technical questions and questionnaires
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• You hold at least a degree in Food Science or Food Technology.
• At least 3 – 5 years proven experience with Quality Management System requirements within the Food Industry.
• For this role excellent communication skills in English, conceptual ability, sensitivity to customers and authorities.
• Organizational skills are a must.
• Leadership skills.
• Self-starter, pro-active and hands-on mentality.
• Audit experience is highly preferred.
• Strong relationship builder, who operates at multiple levels.
• You work together with people from different levels in the organization and cultures.
The position offers, next to a competitive salary and secondary employee benefits, the chance to work in a challenging, dynamic and innovative international environment with responsibilities within a small company that is growing and developing quickly. Exter operates on the market for savoury ingredients worldwide. Besides a dynamic working environment with professionals and a growing business you will get the chance to expand your own abilities on a professional and a personal level.
When you would like to receive more information concerning the job opportunity feel free to give us as call during office hours, your contact person will be Roy de Vries on +3175-6700041
Does the job apply to you? Please send us an email or a letter including a short motivation and a CV addressed to Sonja Sikkes, HR Manager.
Address: Gerrit Bolkade 10
1507 BR Zaandam